Notre Dame London Law at 50
The Notre Dame London Law Program turns 50 years old in 2018. Join us to celebrate with a full year of events at Notre Dame’s London Global Gateway!
The festivities kicked off in January with the first installment of a monthly speaker series and will culminate with a four-day celebration October 20-23. The culminating celebration will include tours of London landmarks, presentations by top legal scholars, evening entertainment, and plenty of fellowship with Notre Dame Law School alumni, friends, and students.
Since 1968, more than 1,500 students from Notre Dame Law School have studied in the London Law Program – deepening their understanding of the roots of American law, exploring international career opportunities, and forging lasting bonds with classmates.
It’s time to celebrate a program that has become an invaluable part of a Notre Dame legal education and provided formative experiences for generations of Notre Dame Lawyers.
Mark your calendars and make plans to join us for Notre Dame London Law at 50! Watch this space and follow #NDLondonLaw50 for all the latest updates.
Share your London memories
Please tell us about the impact that the Notre Dame London Law Program has had on your life and legal career. Write about your London memories and upload photos from your time as a student by using this form.
London Law at 50: Speaker Series
- January – “The Importance of Foreign Law in Real Estate Practice: Lessons from the United Kingdom and the United States” with Thomas Patrick Dore Jr., ’76, ’79 J.D. Read more and see a photo gallery.
- February – “Cruel and Unusual Punishment: Pulling the Medical Mask off the Lethal Injection” with Maya Foa, director of international human rights organization Reprieve. Read more and see a photo gallery.
- March – “Business and Human Rights: The Contribution of the United Nations in ‘Making the Bond’” with Michael Addo, professor of law at Notre Dame Law School and director of the Notre Dame London Law Program. Watch a video of the presentation and see a photo gallery.
- April – “The English Origins of the Right to Bear Arms” with Judge Diarmiud F. O’Scannlain, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Read more and see a photo gallery.
- May – “Ae Fond Kiss, A Private Matter?” with Hector MacQueen, professor of private law at the University of Edinburgh. Read more and see a photo gallery.
London Law at 50: Golden Jubilee
Anthony Travel is assisting the Law School with the culminating celebration October 20-23 in London.
A link to their dedicated page for the 50th anniversary celebration is here. There is much more information at that site – including the preliminary itinerary and projected cost.
We hope to see you in London this fall!