Support ND Law
A New Generation of Notre Dame Lawyers
Through a strong tradition of philanthropy, you play a major role in the Law School’s ability to educate a new generation of Notre Dame Lawyers. By supporting the Law School’s educational mission and highest priorities, you contribute to the ongoing success of Notre Dame Law School. Key sources of support provide student fellowships, expand the Kresge Law Library, enhance the Loan Repayment Assistance Program, and provide resources for the Bridge-to-Practice Program.
Enhancing our Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Numerous alumni receive student loan assistance through Notre Dame Law School’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program. To date, the program has provided more than $2 million to NDLS graduates who pursue public-service careers. Dean Nell Jessup Newton considers LRAP a budget priority when allocating donor dollars, and encourages benefactors to increase their support.
Continued Funding for our Bridge-to-Practice Program
Thanks to the Law School’s generous benefactors, the Notre Dame Bridge-to-Practice Program provides participating graduates stipends for working with a government or nonprofit employer. The program enables qualified NDLS graduates to gain practical, professional legal experience and develop additional contacts and references — all while providing a valuable service to the public. Employers participating in the program include judges, prosecutor’s offices, defender’s offices, and non-governmental public-service organizations.
Order of St. Thomas More
What is the Order of St. Thomas More?
Order of St. Thomas More members provide a high level of annual support for the Notre Dame Law School. Through their gifts, members support:
- Financial aid and loan forgiveness
- Clinical and academic programs
- Faculty recruitment
- Career services and student life
- The Kresge Law Library
- International research, teaching, and service
And most important, members constitute a strong network for our students and alumni.
How do I become a member?
Joining the Order is easy! Simply make an annual gift to the Law School at one of the following tiers of giving:
- Associate: recent law school alumni of the last 5 years: $500
- Traditional: $1,500 or more
- Dean’s Circle Blue: $5,000—$9,999
- Dean’s Circle Gold: $10,000 or more
Dean’s Circle Blue members enjoy:
- Exclusive events on football weekends including access to the VIP Recognition Society Room during home football weekends and a special Mass following the game
- Concierge Hotline for assistance with campus information needs
- A memento emblematic of your commitment to the Law School
- Inner-circle publications of the Law School
- Notre Dame’s annual fiscal report and year-in-review video
- Additional assistance with tickets and parking for home football games
In addition to the above, Dean’s Circle Gold members enjoy:
- Exclusive signature events at the Annual Shamrock Series Game
- Additional assistance with tickets and parking for home football games.
All members enjoy the benefits of traditional membership, including:
- A medallion symbolizing your membership in the Order
- Personalized membership card entitling bearer to discounts at select on-campus dining venues, including Sorin’s, Leahy’s, and Legends, and a 20 percent discount on purchases at the Warren Golf Course Pro Shop (excludes golf lessons)
- Select Law School publications, including Notre Dame Lawyer, for those not currently receiving them
- Invitations to regional gatherings, special campus events and March Under the Arch
- “Special contributor status” in the football ticket lottery, with improved chances for success in obtaining football tickets to multiple home games
Every gift matters.