Program on Private Law
The University of Notre Dame's Main Building.
Under the direction of Professor Paul B. Miller, the Program on Private Law supports and enhances the scholarship of Notre Dame faculty working in private law, as well as the many collaborative initiatives that Miller and others have undertaken in the field.
Bolstered by several recent hires in private law, Notre Dame Law School now boasts one of the strongest programs in private law in the country. The Program on Private Law capitalizes on this momentum, and also helps to raise the profile of the many important achievements and activities undertaken by Notre Dame Law scholars in this area.
The program extends the impact of the excellent research being done by Notre Dame Law faculty, and it benefits students by helping the Law School to widen its private law course offerings and by supporting student involvement in faculty research projects.
Click on the button below to read about the program's faculty fellows and their recent scholarship.
- Conference on Fiduciaries and Trust: Ethics, Politics, Economics and Law, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller and Professor Matthew Harding (Melbourne), Melbourne Law School, Melbourne, Australia, December 2018
- International Fiduciary Law Conference (IFLC) II, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller and others, Hong Kong University Faculty of Law, Hong Kong, December 2018
- The Landscape of Private Law, co-organized by Professor Daniel Kelly and others, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, March 2019
- Fiduciary Law Workshop (FLW) VII, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller, Professor Julian Velasco and others, Rutgers Law School, Camden, NJ, June 2019
- Legal Ethics and Fiduciaries Workshop, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller and others, Notre Dame Global Campus at Kylemore Abbey, Connemara, Ireland, June 2019
- North American Workshop on Private Law Theory (NAWPLT) VII, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller and others, Western University Faculty of Law, London, ON, October 2019
- Oxford Studies in Private Law Theory Workshop (OSPLT) I, co-organized by Professor Paul Miller and Professor John Oberdiek (Rutgers), Notre Dame London Global Gateway, London, UK, TBD 2019
- The Equity Workshop (TEW) I, co-organized by Professor Samuel Bray and Professor Paul Miller, Notre Dame Law School, Chicago, IL, TBD 2019
- The Remedies Roundtable (TRR) II, co-organized by Professor Samuel Bray and Professor Stephen Yelderman, Notre Dame Law School, Chicago, IL, TBD 2019
Professor Paul Miller to edit new book series for Oxford University Press, November 21, 2018
ND Law School launches new Program on Private Law, November 7, 2018
Judges Shouldn't Have the Power to Halt Laws Nationwide, by Samuel L. Bray for The Atlantic, October 31, 2018