Hamburg Honor Scholars
Under the Hamburg Honor Scholars Program, select Notre Dame Law students have the opportunity to enroll tuition-free in one of Bucerius Law School's prestigious summer programs in Hamburg, Germany. Selected students will receive stipends for living expenses and financial support for travel costs.
Bucerius Law School was the first private law school in Germany and is widely regarded as the nation's best law school. It draws students from around the world.
The Bucerius Summer Programs are taught in English and run from June 28 through July 16.
Students may choose from three program options:
- International Business Law
- Legal Technology and Operations
- Licensing Transactions in Intellectual Property
Notre Dame Law students may receive up to 5 credits for their participation in one of the summer programs.
Selected students will receive:
- Tuition waivers for the summer programs
- $5,000 stipend for living expenses
- Up to $1,000 for travel costs
How to Apply
All first-year and second-year students at Notre Dame Law School are eligible to apply to the Hamburg Honor Scholars Program.
The application is now live on IrishLink.
Application period: December 1, 2020, to January 15, 2021
Selection will be based on academic achievement and demonstrated interest in international law, as reflected in a personal statement.
- ND Law announces new Hamburg Honor Scholars Program, launches partnership with Bucerius Law School, published October 9, 2020
- Watch a video of Dean Cole's information session on the Hamburg Honor Scholars Program, from October 23, 2020