Honor Scholars Program
Notre Dame Law School continues to expand its global learning opportunities for students with the creation of the Honor Scholars Program, which pairs a select number of rising 2Ls with international firm partners for unique summer opportunities for both scholarly and professional development.
Notre Dame Law's first location for the Honor Scholars Program is Dublin, Ireland, where proximity to the Notre Dame Dublin Global Gateway and Trinity College makes for a smooth transition to a summer living and working abroad. Dublin has emerged as a European business capital for technology companies, the oil-and-gas industry, and other sectors. The United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union — “Brexit” — will make Dublin an even more important legal hub.
The University of Notre Dame's Dublin Global Gateway is located in the historic Merrion Square neighborhood.
Length of Internships:
- Internships will be 6 to 8 weeks in length.
- Participating students will have time to return to the United States for end-of-summer interviews with law firms, including the Law School’s off-campus interview programs in late July and on-campus interviews in early August.
- Student interns will receive a $10,000 stipend, paid out in increments over the course of the internship.
- Participating students will be reimbursed for travel costs, up to a maximum of $1,000.
Housing and Visa:
- Notre Dame’s Dublin Global Gateway (dublin.nd.edu) can assist interested students in reserving accommodations at reasonable cost at Trinity College Dublin, located in the heart of the city. Notre Dame undergraduates also live at Trinity College during their Dublin summer internships.
- The process of securing necessary visas in Ireland will be smooth, as the Dublin Global Gateway will help interns navigate the visa process.
- The Dublin Global Gateway will also be available to provide student interns with pastoral care, recreational opportunities, and cultural experiences while in Ireland.
How to Apply
All first-year students at Notre Dame Law School are eligible to apply to the Dublin Honor Scholars Program. The application will go live in IrishLink on December 1.
Application period: December 1, 2020, to January 15, 2021
Materials to submit:
- Statement of interest (1-2 pages) explaining why the student wants to intern in Dublin and their interests in specific areas of law and legal practice
- Transcript of fall-semester grades
Note: Participating firms and companies may want to interview applicants. The Law School’s Career Development Office can help facilitate the phone and video connections needed for interviews.