The University of Notre Dame will hold in-person commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2021, including law students, on the weekend of May 21-23.
Law School Ceremony
- Date: Saturday, May 22
- Time: 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. EDT
- Location: Frank Eck Baseball Stadium (see map)
Graduates need to arrive at 11 a.m., wearing their cap and gown, and carrying their hood. They will assemble on the sidewalk south of the baseball stadium and line up alphabetically before entering the stadium as a class.
The baseball stadium will open to guests at 11:30 a.m. Guests should have their electronic tickets available to show ushers, who will help guests find their assigned seats.
Parking: Guests and graduates may park in the lots south of Notre Dame Stadium and the Joyce Center. Ushers will be in the parking lots to direct traffic.
Health and safety: Given that 90% of Notre Dame’s graduates are fully vaccinated, masking is optional for fully vaccinated graduates at the commencement ceremonies. Those graduates who are not vaccinated and those who feel more comfortable masking are encouraged to wear masks. Masks will be required for faculty, staff, and guests at all ceremonies.
Livestream: Family members and friends who are unable to attend the ceremony in person will be able to watch it online.
If there is inclement weather: The ceremony will be moved indoors to Compton Family Ice Arena. The indoor ceremony would still be livestreamed and available to watch online.
University Mass and Commencement Exercises
The University-wide Commencement Exercises for all graduates will be held on:
- Date: Sunday, May 23
- Time: Commencement Mass will begin at 9:30 a.m., followed by the Commencement Exercises at 11 a.m.
- Location: Notre Dame Stadium
Participation in the Commencement Mass and Commencement Exercises is open to all May 2021 graduates, including law students.
More information about the ceremony is posted at commencement.nd.edu/2021.
Deadlines for the Class of 2021
- April 5: Graduates must complete the Graduation Application by April 5. It can be accessed through InsideND (search "Graduation Application").
- April 23: Graduates must order their commencement regalia by April 23. The Law Doctoral Unit includes the gown, hood, tam, and souvenir tassel, and costs $128 to rent. Click here to order.
- May 2: All guest tickets must be requested via GradApp no later than May 2.
- May 17-22: Pick up regalia at the Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore.
- May 21: The University strongly encourages all graduates to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before Commencement. It is also strongly encouraged that any guests planning to attend Commencement be fully vaccinated by May 21, depending on vaccine availability and eligibility in their local area.
Want to receive email updates about the Law School’s Class of 2021 commencement events? Click on the button below to add your email address to the list.