The Career Development Office supports a multitude of programs and resources for those interested in pursuing public interest and public service careers. The CDO has available various public interest and public service resources both online and in our resource library to help students and alumni research positions in government, legal aid, the non-profit sector, and fellowship. Additionally, each counselor is well-versed in public interest career information and eager to assist with counseling students and alumni. The Career Development Office also provides information regarding pro bono and other service opportunities through administering programs like the Pro Bono Program.
- Public Interest Careers Online Resources (NDLS Only)
- Equal Justice Works Fellowship
- Skadden Fellowship
- Bank of America Foundation Fellowship (ND only, Netid required)
- Thomas L. Shaffer Public Interest Fellowship (ND only, Netid required)
- Bridge-to-Practice Program
- Public Interest Fellowship Database (ND only, Netid required)
SUMMER STIPEND PROGRAM
The Career Development Office administers the Summer Stipend Program which provides students with stipends for unfunded public interest law positions. These funds can be matched with Federal Work Study funding on an eligibility basis individualized for each student.
LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LRAP)
The Law School also has a substantial Loan Repayment Assistance Program to help graduates who pursue public interest work with the debt they undertook while in law school.