NDLA regional directors and constituency representatives:
- Regularly attend board meetings;
- Participate in one or more NDLA committees;
- Sponsor, direct, and participate in activities that advance the interests of the NDLA and the University;
- Mentor and promote students and graduates of the Law School in their efforts to secure employment;
- Foster a spirit of solidarity and dedication among NDLA members and friends of the University of Notre Dame and the Law School; and
- Raising funds and soliciting contributions to the University of Notre Dame for use by the Law School.
NDLA regions are compatible with university regions as defined by the Notre Dame Alumni Association. Directors serve a three-year term, renewable for an additional three years. The Nominations Committee reviews board nominations during the NDLA Board spring meeting. To be considered for vacancies occurring during the upcoming year, nominations must be received approximately one month prior to the spring meeting date. Two candidates per director position are selected to participate in an election held in late spring or early summer.
The board also appoints constituency representatives to serve as liaisons to the following university affinity groups – Asian-Pacific Alumni of Notre Dame, Black Alumni of Notre Dame, and Hispanic Alumni of Notre Dame.
Open Positions for 2014-2015 include:
- Region 2 (Western Canada, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming)
- Region 3 (Arizona, Mexico, Southern California, and Southern Nevada)
- Region 12 (Delaware, District of Columbia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia)
- Regions 13/14 (Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas)
- Young Member (Someone who graduated from NDLS in the past 10 years)
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for a regional director or Young Member, please complete the NDLA Board Nomination Form by April 5.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
December saw two Notre Dame Law School grads confirmed to the federal bench. Double Domer Jack Blakey, ’88 B.A., ’92 J.D., was confirmed to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois by the U.S. Senate December 16. Earlier this month Jerry Pappert, ’88 J.D., was confirmed to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.…
Judge Sammartino is establishing a learning center for the Southern District of California which will include self-guided tours of the Edward J. Schwarz U.S. Courthouse, a new court annex and the Jacob Weinberger U.S. Courthouse.
On Friday, November 14, 2014, the NDLA presented the Fr. Michael McCafferty Award to the Honorable Kenneth Ripple for his thirty-seven years of distinguished service to the University of Notre Dame as a faculty member of the Law School. The award was presented by Dean Nell Newton and NDLA Board President, Jared des Rosiers, at a dinner following the NDLA fall board meeting. This award is named for Fr. Michael McCafferty, who in his all-too-brief life established a universal reputation within Notre Dame Law School as a charismatic teacher, renowned scholar, beloved friend and spiritual mentor.View All News
Connect with Alumni
1150 Eck Hall of Law
Notre Dame, IN 46556