Commencement Weekend Schedule
Saturday, May 19
Location: Basilica of the Sacred Heart
Dress code: full academic regalia
Tickets are required and have been allocated to each graduate who requested them; graduates do not need a ticket.
- 9:00 a.m.: Graduates assemble in the first floor hallway of Biolchini (near Admissions/Alumni Relations/Communications), Basilica opens to guests (tickets required only for guests)
- 9:15 a.m.: Academic procession to Basilica
- 9:30 a.m.: Law School Prayer Service begins.
Location: Steps of Main Building
9:50 am: Graduates gather out front of the Main Building for the annual class photograph.
Location: Eck Hall of Law
Tickets are required and have been allocated to each graduate who requested them; graduates do need a ticket.
*10:30 a.m.: Brunch begins (tickets required)
Diploma and Hooding Ceremony
Inclement weather location: Joyce Center North Dome.
Dress code: full academic regalia
No tickets required; unlimited seating.
- 11:30 a.m.: Doors open for guests
- 12:00 p.m.: Graduates assemble in alphabetical order inside near Gate 4
- 12:30 p.m.: Law School Diploma and Hooding ceremony begins
- 2:00 p.m.: Estimated completion of ceremony
University Commencement Mass (optional)
- 4:20 p.m.: Students assemble in Joyce Center Gyms
- 4:30 p.m.: Academic procession begins
- 5:00 p.m.: University Commencement Mass Joyce Center
Sunday, May 20
University Commencement Ceremony (optional)
- 8:15 a.m.: Degree candidates assemble for academic procession, with Law School banner carriers in front of line
- 9:30 a.m.: University Commencement procession begins
- 10:00 a.m.: University Commencement ceremony begins
Event Instructions for Students
Ticket Pickup Information
To pick up your tickets, please see Denise Wager in 1334 Biolchini Hall of Law.
Prayer service tickets have been allocated according to the space in the Basilica and student request numbers. We anticipate that the maximum number of tickets given will be 3-4 for those of you who requested 4 or more tickets. At this time, there is little room for ticket number adjustment upward. We will, however, have a waiting list available if extra tickets become available.
Payment ($10 a ticket) is due at the time of pick up. We will accept cash or checks made out to NDLS.
Cap and Gown information
All J.D. and LL.M students need to rent the doctoral cap and gown. You will wear your regalia at the Law School Prayer Service and Law School Commencement on Saturday and, if you are attending, the University Mass on Saturday and the University Commencement Ceremony on Sunday.
General University Information
Visit the University’s main commencement website for more information on planning your trip to campus.
Visit here for information on University meals and dining options throughout the weekend.
Parking and Shuttles: We have been advised by the University that the following parking lots will be used for Commencement Weekend: Rugby and Wilson Lots (east of Grace Hall); Library Lot and Dunn Lot (east of Knott Hall and Hesburgh Library); Bulla Lot (corner of Bulla Road and Twyckenham Drive); Joyce Lots (south of the Joyce Center and Stadium); and Dorr and Lake Lots (west of the Rockne Memorial). Campus shuttles will be available Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A wheelchair accessible van and golf carts will be available to transport guests with mobility issues plus one guest. These services will be in operation throughout the weekend on campus. Golf cart and accessible van operating times are Friday, noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Contact Notre Dame Security Police at (574) 634-7433 or (574) 634-RIDE to request assistance with accessible transportation. (Phone number is only available during hours of operation.)