Cathy Oneil 125 1000px
Featuring a keynote by Big Data Scientist and New York Times Bestselling Author
“Algorithms: for whom do they fail?”
Plus panels featuring:
- Kevin Bowyer, Schubmehl-Prein Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame
- Ryan Hagemann, Co-Director at IBM Policy Lab
- Shaun Barry, Global Leader for Government, Healthcare, and Utilities at SAS
- Kirsten Martin, Linder Gambal Professor of Business Ethics at George Washington University School of Business
- Genevieve Fried, Technology Fellow at AI Now
- Sara Jordan, Policy Council at Future of Privacy Forum
- with more to be announced soon
This event will explore questions such as:
- What do we mean by “bias” in the context of algorithms?
- What are the sources of that bias?
- In what contexts does bias manifest, and what are the associated harms?
- What technological, institutional, and policy responses best address the various sources of bias?
Originally published at techethics.nd.edu.