Library Services for Faculty
Library Services for Faculty
This is a summary of the library services that are offered to faculty. If you have any questions about these services, please direct them to the library team leader responsible for that service.
Research & Teaching Team
Dwight King, Team Leader (1-5993) e-mail: email@example.com
Research & Teaching Team—Dwight King, Christopher O’Byrne, Warren Rees, and Beth Klein
- Reference and research assistance. We use print and electronic sources to find factual information for you, retrieve documents, locate legislative history information, identify relevant primary and secondary authorities, and compile bibliographies.
We are not able to provide extensive analysis of the sources located. Therefore, we do not produce annotated bibliographies, legal memoranda, or briefs, etc. In addition, we ask that you assign tasks such as Shepardizing or cite-checking to your research assistant.
- Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance, and WestlawNext training. We will provide initial, refresher, advanced, and specialized training for you, your research assistant, administrative assistant, or students. We will also put you in touch with the Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance, or Westlaw academic representatives for class training or presentations.
We can set up customized topical, citation, and docket alerts on Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance, or Westlaw. These will allow you to receive automatic updates in your area(s) of interest.
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals. We can provide SmartCILP subscription information. SmartCILP is an e-mail version of the Current Index to Legal Periodicals, which notifies you of newly published periodical articles in your areas of interest.
- Guidance for research assistants. We are happy to work with your assistants to help them formulate research strategies for your assignments.
- Lectures or tours. We will lecture in your classroom or hold special sessions in the library to show your students how to perform research in specific subject areas.
Patron Support Team
Dwight King, Team Leader (1-5993) e-mail: King.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Patron Support Team—Dwight King, Beth Klein, Janet Rose, and Dave Thornton
- Circulation Services. We can charge out any library item to you for an unlimited time; however, the material is subject to recall. An annual renewal of library material is done in June. We can place holds or recalls on sources not on the shelf.
- Document Delivery. We will retrieve or make photocopies of items in our collection or in the Hesburgh Library collections and deliver them to your office, desktop, or mailbox. Use our electronic forms at https://nd.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/XND/logon.html.
- Reserve. We can place class materials, sample exams, and your course syllabi on Reserve.
- Scanning. We can provide limited scanning of your research documents or assist your research assistant in doing so using library equipment.
Resource Management Team
Sandra Klein, Team Leader (1-8447) e-mail: email@example.com
The Resource Management Team—Sandra Klein, Lori Dutka, Deb Fox, Chris Reimers, Amy Shirk, and Dave Thornton
- Interlibrary Loan. We can acquire materials unavailable on campus through Interlibrary Loan. Use our electronic forms at https://nd.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/XND/logon.html.
- Purchase Recommendations. We welcome your recommendations for additions to the library collection. If your recommendation is accepted — and it usually will be — the item will be ordered immediately. Should you request it, we will alert you when the item is received; we can also route it to your office. If your recommendation is not accepted, we will discuss the matter with you.
- Office Copies. We are prepared to purchase law books or legal information services for your personal use. These materials will be kept in your office, but they remain part of the library collection.
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals. We route the Current Index to Legal Periodicals, which announces newly published periodical articles. (See Research & Teaching Team section above for information about a SmartCILP subscription.)
- Routing. We will route other items to you. A photocopy of the item may be substituted in lieu of the item itself, if demand is heavy.
Dan Manier, Director of Law School Technology (1-3939) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clint Brown, Senior IT Engineer (1-1674), email@example.com
Scott Hengert, Audio-Visual Engineer (1-5766), firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Knecht, Audio-Visual Assistant (1-5766), email@example.com
Eric McCartney, Student Computing Manager (1-9793), firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Radabaugh, Audio-Visual Assistant (1-2403), email@example.com
- Computer support. We provide configuration and troubleshooting assistance for technology-related research and teaching.
- Audio-Visual services. Call Scott Hengert with any AV questions and for scheduling technology services for any class or presentation.
Dwight King, Interim Director (1-5993) e-mail: King.firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Team—Dwight King, Sandra Klein, and Terri Welty
Dwight is available to address special requests.