The Career Development Office provides assistance to alumni who are searching for work or who are making career transitions. We encourage alumni to contact the Career Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain personalized advice and suggestions.
A number of the resources on this page are for the benefit of Notre Dame graduates only. Resources can be accessed through the Law School’s Symplicity portal. If you need a Symplicity account or have forgotten your password, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
- Guide to Returning to Practice After Time Off
- Alumni Self Assessment
- Career and Professional Services offered by the Notre Dame Alumni Association (General resources not specifically aimed at law grads)
- Alumni Resume Guide
- Alumni Resume Template
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a personalized review of your resume by one of the Career Development Office’s alumni counselors. Additional CDO Guides addressing a variety of common job search topics (cover letters, networking, interviewing, etc.) are available to Notre Dame students and graduates in the Symplicity document library.
Notre Dame Connections
Networking is a key component of any job search. Networking with other Notre Dame alumni in your target market can help you improve your job search strategy and identify opportunities that may never be advertised. The following resources can help you identify and connect with Notre Dame alumni.
- myNotreDame Alumni Directory
- Notre Dame Alumni Clubs
- Notre Dame Lawyer Committees
- Notre Dame Law Association
- Notre Dame Lawyers LinkedIn group
- Notre Dame Alumni Association on Facebook
All job postings that are sent by employers or others to the Career Development Office are posted on the Notre Dame Symplicity Job Board. The CDO strongly recommends that any alumni looking for jobs periodically check Symplicity for new opportunities.
The following is a list of additional websites and online job boards that include job postings for attorneys or legal-related positions. This list is by no means exhaustive, but provides a starting point for locating opportunities. To locate jobs in a particular region or location, job seekers should check with city and state bar associations, many of which maintain online job boards listing local opportunities.
All types of positions and practice areas:
- American Bar Association Legal Career Central
- Intercollegiate Job Bank (contact email@example.com to obtain the ID and password)
- HG.org Legal Employment Center
- Law Crossing (monthly fee for access)
- Attorney Jobs in USA
- Indeed.com Attorney Jobs
- Monster.com Attorney Jobs
- Career Builder Attorney Jobs
- Human Rights Jobs (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the ID and password)
- NonProfit Career Network
- USAJobs (federal government)
- OSCAR (federal judicial clerkships)
- GovernmentJobs.com Legal Jobs
- Brad Traverse Jobs (DC/Capitol Hill) (monthly fee for access)
- RollCall (DC/Capitol Hill)
Practice area specific:
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Society of International Law
- EcoEmploy.com (Environmental positions)
- EcoJobs.com (Environmental positions) (contact email@example.com to obtain the ID and password)
- National Legal Aid and Defenders Association
- National Association for Law Placement (legal career services and recruitment positions)
Additional Alumni Resources
- Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Bar Exam Information
- Notre Dame Law School Alumni Relations Office Website (includes information about reunions, networking and events, volunteer opportunities, financial gifts to the Law School, and joining the Notre Dame Law Association)