General LL.M. in London
This general LL.M. program allows students to obtain a degree from a U.S. law school while studying in England. The program has a limited number of courses focusing on international and comparative law. This program is designed for students from common law countries who seek advanced training, and for graduates of law schools in civil law countries who seek training in common law disciplines or who wish to pursue studies comparing their legal systems with those of the United States and Great Britain.
Established in 1986, it is the only overseas graduate-degree program offered by an American law school.
General Requirements to Apply
- The application period begins September 1 and applications must be received no later than March 1.
- Applicants must complete the online application found on the Law School Admission Council’s website.
- A Juris Doctor from an A.B.A. approved American law school or a Bachelor's Degree in Law from an accredited college or university
- Personal Statement addressing your specific interest in the General LL.M
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
- Application fee