LL.M. in London
Please note: We are not accepting applications for our LL.M. in London program at this time.
This LL.M. program allows students to obtain a degree from a U.S. law school while studying in England. The program has a limited number of courses focusing on international and comparative law. This program is designed for students from common law countries who seek advanced training, and for graduates of law schools in civil law countries who seek training in common law disciplines or who wish to pursue studies comparing their legal systems with those of the United States and Great Britain.
Established in 1986, it is the only overseas graduate-degree program offered by an American law school.
“Apart from the obvious — London is without a doubt one of the most exciting cities I have ever lived in — Notre Dame's LL.M. program in London gives me the great opportunity to learn both the American and the English legal systems." – Nina Oldehaver '19 LL.M.
General Requirements to Apply
- The application period begins September 1 and applications must be received no later than April 1.
- Applicants must complete the online application found on the Law School Admission Council’s website.
- A Juris Doctor from an A.B.A. approved American law school or a Bachelor's Degree in Law from an accredited college or university
- The University of Notre Dame is an eminent Catholic university. Consistent with the Catholic mission of the University, Notre Dame Law School aims to educate a "Different Kind of Lawyer": one who realizes that the practice of law is not an end in itself but a vocation - a means by which we as lawyers can be of service to God and to humankind. Our Catholic faith also moves us to be open and welcoming to people of all viewpoints and all religious traditions. In 500-1000 words, please address your interest in Notre Dame in relation to its mission, drawing on your background, experiences, personal character, and/or career aspirations.
- Personal Statement addressing your specific interest in the LL.M. program
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
- Application fee