Second and Third Years
In addition to first-year courses, students must successfully complete the courses listed below prior to graduation:
- One or more courses totaling at least 3 hours that provide substantial instruction in legal ethics
- Jurisprudence (3 hours)
- An upper-level skills course
- Upper-Level Writing Requirement: Students must complete this requirement before enrolling in their final semester.
Before the start of registration for any semester, the appropriate associate dean shall publish a list that identifies all of the courses that will be offered during that semester that will satisfy the legal ethics requirement and the upper-level skills course requirement.
Students who enter prior to the fall of 2010 must also successfully complete the following courses prior to graduation:
- Business Associations (4 hours)
- Federal Taxation (4 hours)
- One of the following ethics courses (in lieu of the 3-hour legal ethics requirement listed above):
- Ethics II
- Legal Aid I and Ethics;
- Legal Externship Ethics
- Professional Responsibility