HeinOnline, has surpassed their milestone of 50 million pages of legal research material! They have introduced a number of new library modules, added enhancements, introduced new training opportunities, and released some notable news stories regarding Hein and HeinOnline. Below is a recap of everything accomplished in 2009.
New Library Modules
- Selden Society Publications & The History of Early English Law
- Taxation & Economic Reform in America, A Historical Archive
- Law Librarian’s Reference Library
- Bar Journals Library
- New York Legal Research Library
New Content Added to Existing Collections
- World Trials Library – more than 700 new titles
- Legal Classics – more than 120 new titles including the following notable titles: International Legislation, A Collection of the Texts of Multipartite International Instruments of General Interest edited by Manley O. Hudson; The Nature of Judicial Proof: An Inquiry into the Logical, Legal and Empirical Aspects of the Law of Evidence written by Jerome Michael and Mortimer J. Adler; Treatise on the Law and Practice of Receivers by Ralph Ewing Clark; and Civil Law of Spain and Mexico by Gustavus Schmidt.
- Law Journal Library – In April 2009, we surpassed 20 million pages of content in the Law Journal Library. 118 new titles were added including the following notable titles: University of Western Australia Law Review; Waikato Law Review, Insurance Law Journal, Law Practice, The Journal of Psychiatry and Law, Merkourios – Utrecht Journal of International and European Law, Clearinghouse Review, Antitrust Bulletin, SEC Docket, James Cook University Law Review, Journal of Entertainment and Sports Law, and Air and Space Lawyer.
- Code of Federal Regulations – In June 2009 we completed the entire backfile of the CFR, therefore making every title of every year from inception available! This was one of the most sought-after collection development items over the past few years, and we are excited to have made this happen for you!
- Digital Session Laws – The Acts of Parliament of Canada, the Acts of Parliament of Australia, and the state session laws of Ohio, Illinois, Florida, Texas, Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania are available back to inception. The coverage of session laws for all other U.S. States has been taken back to 1990.
- Federal Register is now being updated daily!
- U.S. Federal Agency Documents, Decisions and Appeals – more than 42 new titles including these notable titles: Civil Aeronautics Board Reports, Treasury Decisions (1899-1966), OSAHRC Reports (1971-1975), Decisions of the Federal Labor Relations Authority, Federal Anti-trust Decisions (1890-1931), Decisions of the United States Railroad Labor Board (1920-1925), and more than 30 GPO Best Sellers!
- Added more than 75 new full-text legislative histories to the U.S. Federal Legislative History Library.
- Added more than 485 KAVs and 240 TIAS documents to the Treaties and Agreements Library.
Enhancements & New Features
Click on any enhancement or new feature below to read more about it on the HeinOnline Blog.
- Added a quick link to CFR Indexes & Finding Aids
- Find Bluebook Citation tool added to Law Journal Citation Navigator
- Add notes to your MyHein bookmarks and reorder bookmarks in your MyHein account (view short video demonstration)
- Quickly find a Public Law Number in the U.S. Statutes at Large Library
- New citation locator tool added to the CFR library (view short video demonstration)
Cross Library Searching
Search the page or section you are reading
URLs are now hot-links to the web
- Relocated the printer icon to be more central to the viewer
- Added the NOT operator to the Boolean search options
- Linking full-text legislative histories from the U.S. Federal Legislative History Library & Taxation and Economic Reform in America Archive to the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories database
- Integrated ScholarCheck features with the U.S. Federal Legislative History Library & Taxation and Economic Reform in America Archive
- Faceted Searching Introduced in the Law Journal Library
- Quick search button added at a title’s volume-level listing