October 5 & 6, 2018
Conference theme: “The Expanding World of Clinics”
Notre Dame Law School
Legal clinics are evolving and diversifying into new areas of the law to better serve their communities and provide practical experience for law students.
In early October, the Midwest Clinical Legal Education Conference will bring educators, scholars, and lawyers together to share the many ways that legal clinics are growing to meet the modern demands of the legal system and promote the cause of justice.
This conference is sponsored by Notre Dame Law School, the Notre Dame Clinical Law Center, the AALS Section on Clinical Legal Education, and the Clinical Legal Education Association.
If you have questions, please contact Professor Judy Fox at email@example.com.
Register for the conference: Click here.
Friday, October 5
- 12 to 4 p.m. – New Clinicians Conference
- 4 p.m. – Opening plenary
- 6 p.m. – Opening reception and dinner at the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend
Saturday, October 6
- 9 a.m. – Welcome
- 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. – Concurrent sessions
- 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Concurrent sessions
- 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Quick Takes
- 12 to 1:30 p.m. – Plenary
- 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. – Concurrent sessions
- 2:45 to 3 p.m. – Break
- 3 to 4 p.m. – Concurrent sessions
- 4 to 4:30 p.m. – Quick Takes
- 5 p.m. – Reception and dinner at the Downes Club at Notre Dame Stadium
Two downtown South Bend hotels have reserved a number of rooms for conference attendees and are offering those rooms at special rates. (These rates will be available only for reservations made before September 5.)
Visiting Notre Dame and the South Bend region
We hope you will be able to join us for the 2018 Midwest Clinical Legal Education Conference. Notre Dame is located 90 miles east of Chicago along the Indiana Toll Road (I-80/90).
Here are some useful links to help you get here and make the most of your visit.
Visiting Notre Dame – Campus maps, parking information, etc.
Visit South Bend Mishawaka – Things to do, places to stay in the South Bend region
South Bend International Airport – Offers direct flights to 12 cities
South Shore Line – Passenger train connecting downtown Chicago to South Bend airport
If you’re coming here without a car, South Bend has several cab companies as well as Uber and Lyft.