Here is a quick set of steps to get you on the road to using IT at the Notre Dame Law School:
- Get Your NetID & Password – Most IT resources at Notre Dame are accessed by using your NetID (your Notre Dame computer user name) and password.
- Setup the Never Forget Your Password Service – This service makes it easy for you (and hard for others) to get your password in case you forget or lose it.
- Get the Right Computer! – Here is information on the computer system requirements at NDLS and information on where to get computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Secure Your Computer! – This link provides you with a wealth of information, specific steps, and tools to help secure your computer.
- Setting up eduroam (campus wireless network) – These instructions can be performed either before you arrive to campus or after you have arrived.
- insideND delivers personalized content and secure access to University information and online groups for faculty, staff and students. Access insideND with your NetID and password.
- Get Your Email – Once you setup your NetID and password, you can access your Notre Dame email account. For more information on Google Apps for ND, click here.
- VPN access – In order to connect to the University’s network resources (N Drive and printing) while off-campus, you must first establish a VPN connection to campus. More information on the VPN can be found here.
- Printing at NDLS – Law school students can print using the Pharos print system. Here is information on configuring your laptop to print directly from your laptop: Windows or Mac
- Activate your Notre Dame Box account – Before you can accept a share from someone on campus, you must first activate the account. You can do so by simply logging into the service and accepting the policy.
- Sakai (Faculty/Students Only) – Sakai is a tool many faculty use for coursework at Notre Dame. Access it using your NetID and password.
- Cellular Phone Service – Want to use a mobile phone while you’re on-campus? Check out the upgrades to mobile phone service that are underway!
- Comcast – Find out about cable TV service in the residence halls or how to get a discount on off-campus high-speed Internet access.
- Where Can I Get Help? – In addition to the support provided by the Law School in the Computer Lab and through Eric McCartney, Student Computer Manager, in room 3305 Biolchini Hall, you are a part of the Notre Dame community and there are a variety of IT support options available to you.