Here is a quick set of steps to get you on the road to using IT at the Notre Dame Law School:
- Get Your NetID & Password – Most IT resources at Notre Dame are accessed by using your NetID (your Notre Dame computer user name) and password.
o Get your ndID to setup your NetID
- Setup the Never Forget Your Password Service – This service makes it easy for you (and hard for others) to get your password in case you forget or lose it.
- Get the Right Computer! – Here is information on the computer system requirements at NDLS and information on where to get computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Secure Your Computer! – This link provides you with a wealth of information, specific steps, and tools to help secure your computer.
- Setting up ND-secure (campus wireless network) – View a demonstration video on how to ready your computer to connect to the Notre Dame wireless network Windows or Mac. These instructions can be performed either before you arrive to campus or after you have arrived.
- insideND delivers personalized content and secure access to University information and online groups for faculty, staff and students. Access insideND with your NetID and password.
- Get Your Email – Once you setup your NetID and password, you can access your Notre Dame email account. For more information on Google Apps for ND, click here.
- VPN access – In order to connect to the University’s network resources (N Drive and printing) while off-campus, you must first establish a VPN connection to campus. You can view a video demonstration on installing and connecting to the VPN by clicking: Windows or MAC.
- Printing at NDLS – Law school students can print using the Pharos print system. Here is information on configuring your laptop to print directly from your laptop: Windows or Mac
- Mapping your N drive (network storage location) – When your NetID and password are created, you are automatically assigned shared file space referred to as your N: drive, or NetFile. Shared file space makes it easy to use files from multiple locations. You can view video demonstrations on configuring your computer to access the N drive: Windows or Mac. Written directions with screen shots: Windows or Mac. Windows or Mac.
- Sakai (Faculty/Students Only) – Sakai is a tool many faculty use for coursework at Notre Dame. Access it using your NetID and password.
- Cellular Phone Service – Want to use a mobile phone while you’re on-campus? Check out the upgrades to mobile phone service that are underway!
- Comcast – Find out about cable TV service in the residence halls or how to get a discount on off-campus high-speed Internet access.
- Where Can I Get Help? – In addition to the support provided by the Law School in the Computer Lab and through Eric McCartney, Student Computer Manager, in room 3305 Biolchini Hall, you are a part of the Notre Dame community and there are a variety of IT support options available to you.
- Other OIT Services – Here is a link to all the services that the OIT offers to the Notre Dame community.