Since the fall of 1998, the London LL.M. Program has been housed with the University’s other programs in its London Centre, Marian Kennedy Fischer Hall, near Trafalgar Square. The building was constructed in 1906 as a gentleman’s club for graduates of Oxford and Cambridge, and continued to be used for this purpose until 1979. The building’s exterior reflects the discreet grandeur thought to be appropriate to an Edwardian club.
The interior preserves many of the period details expected of a building of this quality, including a sweeping central staircase, imposing reception rooms and marbled fireplaces. The University, with the permission of the Crown, has renovated the building extensively, creating a modern teaching facility in the heart of traditional London.
The Centre contains the London Law Program’s own law library. You will have an opportunity to conduct more extensive legal research at the library of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, one of the finest legal research facilities in Europe.
The historical character of the facility housing the Law Centre, as well as London itself, may be challenging to students with disabilities. Disabled students interested in the program are urged to discuss accommodations with the program director at their earliest opportunity.
The Law School does not provide dormitories, but has flats for students to rent at Conway Hall, a beautiful Notre Dame-owned building in the heart of London. Students should direct housing inquiries to the Director of the London Program.