Summer Externship (LAW 75731)
One unit of co-curricular academic credit may be awarded for student volunteer legal work of at least four weeks and 160 hours or more undertaken during the summer months in any non-profit legal agency, governmental law office, corporate counsel office, or court. This credit may count toward graduation requirements as one of the six maximum allowable co-curricular credits, but cannot count toward the minimum hours required during any semester for residency. The credit will be reflected on a student’s transcript for the Fall semester.
Students interested in a summer externship should secure a placement, obtain a faculty sponsor, and secure the approval of the Associate Dean of Experiential Programs. More information can be found through the Student Registration Information link below.
- Summer Registration Information and Form.pdf
- Student Timesheets and Instructions.xlsx (Excel)
- Student’s Mid-Summer Self Evaluation.pdf
- Student’s Final Report
- Faculty – Information for Faculty Sponsors.pdf
- Field Supervisor Information and Agreement.pdf
- Field Supervisor Final Evaluation of Extern and Program